Sunday, June 28, 2015

Container

Survival of the Fittest





We had to design something that contained something you can see through either a door or a peephole. I have been inspired by the stage and theater because of my dance background. I decided to build a stage out of wood and different types of fabric. This piece allowed me to be creative and experiment with the fabric and wood. I decided to make the curtains moveable to make the piece more interactive. I wanted the inside to be something unexpected and surprising to the viewer. The inside had to be something different from the theatre on the outside. Then I had the most trouble with deciding what to put inside the box I had made. After going through many ideas I was inspired by a movie I had watched. The movie was Jurassic World, so I decided to make something inspired by dinosaurs. I wanted to create an environment for the dinosaurs I spray-painted gold. I wanted to create something where one dinosaur conquers over the rest, so I decided to spray flower pedals black to create a feeling of death and loss. This piece let me create a completely new environment out of things that I find interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment